MAAC basketball shows to air on ESPN3

The Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference men’s and women’s basketball preseason shows will begin airing on ESPN3 this week.

A women’s coaches’ forum will be shown Sept. 3 at 7 p.m., while the men’s coaches’ forum will follow on Sept. 4 at the same time.

In the 90-minute coaches’ forum segments, all 11 coaches will be grouped together to talk about the upcoming season. The round table discussion will cover various topics such as each coaches’ perspective on their own team, and which players might win awards come season’s end.

MAAC basketball talent will help moderate the discussions, while MAAC Commissioner Rich Ensor will also be a part of the broadcast.

The MAAC Basketball Preseason Show will then air on Wednesday, Nov. 5. The show will feature content from the coaches’ forum, as well as announcing the preseason All-MAAC teams and conference rankings.

All of the shows will be produced from the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.

“It is an exciting opportunity for the MAAC and ESPN to bring an innovative coaches’ forum to the leagues membership, alumni and fans,” Ensor said. “The MAAC is looking forward to broadcasting the coaches’ forum and the Preseason Show at this new state-of-the-art facility, which will incorporate social media and fan engagement.”

After going 20-12 last season, the men’s team opens up action Nov. 14 against Yale in the Connecticut 6 Classic, which will be held at the TD Bank Sports Center.

The Bobcats return two of their top four scorers from last season in Zaid Hearst and Ousmane Drame, who will both be seniors this season.

The women’s team, who went 21-13 in 2013-14, will open up on Nov. 15 against Army, which will also be at the TD Bank Sports   Center.

Jasmine Martin led the team in scoring in 2013-14, and returns for her senior year. Samantha Guastella, who averaged, 11.1 points and 6.3 rebounds per game, also returns this season.