Price is right for undefeated men’s lacrosse

Tim Price coached his Quinnipiac Men’s Lacrosse team to two more victories last week against Boston College and MAAC rival, Mt. St. Mary’s, bringing Quinnipiac to an unprecedented 7-0 start.
On Wednesday, the Braves made history in several ways. The 24-10 blowout of Boston College was the 6th straight win for the Braves, second in a row in which they scored 20+ goals and marked the 6th time in Price’s four-year tenure as head coach that they have scored 20 or more goals in a match.
Joe and Mike Baglio once again combined with senior attacker Alan LoGuidice to score 12 goals and dominate the game for the Braves. LoGuidice became the leading goal-scorer (90 career goals) in Quinnipiac’s history with his five goal performance and tacked on two assists against Mt. St. Mary’s to move within four points of setting the all-time points record currently held by ’97 graduate, Corey Pronsky (126 points.)
After two straight lopsided victories the Braves traveled to Mt. St. Mary’s trying to guard against a letdown while facing one of the top teams in the conference. The Moutaineers joined the rest of the league in realizing how difficult it is to stop the Baglio brothers. The twins scored half of the Braves goals, but it was the Quinnipiac defense that made the difference.
With the Braves leading 10-9 and almost 12 minutes remaining in the game, the defense took over. They allowed just four shots on goal by the talented Mt. St. Mary’s attack; all of which were saved by sophomore goalkeeper T.J. Barnett (14 saves). The Braves scored the final two goals of the match, solidifying their 7th straight victory and adding to their record start.
Never before has an athletic team at Quinnipiac looked this dominant. With everyone working hard and the Baglio brothers reeling it’s going to be extremely difficult for anyone to knock off the new favorites to take home the NEC title.
Up next for Quinnipiac is a 5-game home stand kicking off on Saturday against Siena and ending two weeks prior to the MAAC Championships on April 21 against Stony Brook.Pr