Cam Young turns pro in Italy

Cam Young, former Quinnipiac star guard and 2018-19 MAAC Player of the Year, has signed a professional basketball contract with Italy’s Pallacanestro Cantù, according to Quinnipiac Athletics.

[media-credit name=”Morgan Tencza” align=”alignright” width=”300″][/media-credit]Young will begin his Italian basketball career in the upcoming 2019-20 season and will become the second player in Quinnipiac history to play for Pallacanestro Cantù – James Feldeine ’10 played for the club in 2014-15.

The 2018-19 season was magical for Young. He became the first Bobcat to receive AP All-American votes, set a Quinnipiac Division I single-season record for total points in a season with 728 and scored 55 points in a game – the most in Division I in that season. He also broke former Quinnipiac guard James Johnson’s single-season three-point record of 84 with 104 made threes.

The guard finished his final season with averages of 23.5 points, 5.1 rebounds and 1.9 assists per game on 48.2 percent from the field, 43.7 percent from three and 76.6 percent from the charity stripe.

Young finished his record-breaking Bobcat career with 1,350 points in 70 games and averaged 19.3 points per game during his tenure in Hamden.