The unending parking saga on campus

What is a problem? According to Random House Webster’s College Dictionary, a problem is a question proposed for solution or discussion.
A solution is the act or process of solving a problem, the state of being solved and an answer to the problem.
A discussion is an act or instance of discussing, consideration or examination by argument, comment or to have an informal debate.
Parking comes from the route word park (noun). The definition is a space where vehicles, especially automobiles, may be assembled or stationed.
What is a parking problem? Putting both definitions together we come up with a startling conclusion. A parking problem is when a question is proposed for a solution (an act or process of solving a problem) or a discussion (an act or instance of examination by argument, comment or debate) where a space is allocated for vehicle to be stationed (to park).
What does this truly mean? It means that when the question of not enough allocated spaces is proposed, a solution or discussion should be reached. In the past four years Quinnipiac has implemented countless, fruitless solutions without the benefit of any meaningful discussion or debate.
What are some of the solutions that have been proposed and then implemented? One solution has been taking away residential parking for commuter parking. Another solution was for a carpool lot. Then came the freshman lot off of New Road that over time became sophomore and junior parking. Eventually, seniors were prohibited from living on campus. With more students living off campus, an increase in cars commuting to campus caused the parking problem to increase. Then came the banning of incoming freshman having cars on campus.
What is the next solution? A parking garage above or below ground, more tier parking? Who really knows what the proper solution will be that is acceptable to both Quinnipiac University and the Hamden community.
These solutions that were implemented were band-aides to fixing the problem. They only pushed off the inevitable result of overcrowding. Every year that the freshman class became larger then the previous year, the day came closer when they too (the freshman) would eventually live off campus, causing more traffic to flow on and off campus every day.
I see the issue as black and white; either solve the problem or stop making lame excuses for not implementing a solution that solves the problem. An open forum meeting with university administration, students and town officials is a neccesity.
We are constructing more buildings, there are obviously available financial resources. I believe that we should think about planning ahead. If a new building is built, the appropriate spaces should be allocated on campus.
More parking spaces are needed. If it means getting rid of grass, then do it. If a car garage is needed, then put one on campus. I don’t really care why we can’t have more spaces.
The total lack of preparation and meaningful effort by both the town and the university seem to signify that neither party actually cares about the well-being and convenience of the students.