Note from the editors

The Chronicle’s status at Quinnipiac University as an independent, student-run newspaper puts the organization in a unique position to serve both as a source of campus news and a platform for student opinions.

As such, the paper has published three opinion pieces about the Israel-Hamas war since Hamas’ Oct. 7, 2023 attack on Israel, which have varied in political leanings and perspectives on the conflict.

In this particularly contentious time in global affairs, The Chronicle continues to uphold the same editorial standards and practices.

Views expressed in The Chronicle’s opinion section are those of the respective authors. They do not reflect the views of The Chronicle as an organization.

In addition, The Chronicle is not run by Quinnipiac University, but by students, and therefore does not represent the feelings or opinions of administrators or the university as a whole.

The Chronicle accepts letter to the editor submissions from all members of the Quinnipiac community. These should be between 150 and 300 words.

In addition, all students are welcome to write for the opinion section.

Opinions must not contain hate speech, false statements or improper sourcing.

The Chronicle reserves the right to edit all material, including advertising, based on content, grammar and space requirements.

All work must be approved by the editor-in-chief before going to print. Send letters to [email protected].

The Chronicle follows guidance from The Associated Press and works to ensure that all pieces, including opinions, are well-informed. The staff takes into account all comments and questions and may issue corrections when necessary.

We thank readers for their support of free student press and encourage those with questions about The Chronicle’s editorial guidelines to email [email protected].