Men’s soccer still cold

Last week, the men’s soccer team brought their record to 4-4-1 with a 3-2 loss to Yale and a 3 all draw with LIU.
Quinnipiac was looking for a couple of wins on their home turf after a tough overtime lose at UMBC.
Wednesday, of last week, the Braves took on the Bulldogs from Yale. Yale was coming into the game having recently knocked off the #8 team in the country, University of Alabama at Birmingham. Yale played a very controlled game and used their speed to its fullest. Yale opened the scoring in the first half, with Andrew Dealy putting one behind the keeper 6:30 into the game.
` Stuart Yingst of Yale quickly scored off a free kick 7:42 into the match. Quinnipiac got on the board soon after, with a penalty shot by Everson Maciel. Yale scored again 22:51 into the first half, with another goal by Stuart Yingst. Yale would hold on to win, giving up only one other Quinnipiac goal in the second half scored by Alex da Faria.
Following the loss to Yale, Quinnipiac looked to rebound against the Blackbirds of LIU, this past Saturday. Everson Maciel had another fabulous game, tallying two goals and an assist in the 3-3 draw, extending his consecutive games scoring streak to 23.
The Braves opened up the scoring off of a goal from Alex da Faria, just 59 seconds into the game. Everson Maciel then scored less than three minutes later, to give the Braves a quick 2-0 lead. LIU got on the board about 18 minutes into the match on a goal scored by Matt Paradise. Jonas Stigh then headed in a corner kick from LIU teammate, David Schofield, tying the game at the 26:46 mark.
LIU took a brief lead in the second half, with a score by Wendell Parris at the 4:04 mark. At the 8:05 mark, Maciel scored to even the score at three a piece. In overtime, both teams were getting opportunities, but both were unable to capitalize on them.
The Braves will be home both Friday and Saturday, with games against Robert Morris and Saint Francis of PA.