Letter to the editor: Jessica valued friendships the most in life

Since the passing of our beautiful daughter and sister Jessica, we have received an outpouring of love, kindness, comfort and support from the Quinnipiac University community.  There are no words to express the deep and sincere gratitude we feel, for it is the only reason Tim, Stephan and I can put one foot in front of the other each day.

We would like to thank you all for the many cards and letters of kind words and phone calls.  We very much appreciated the overwhelming presence of those from Quinnipiac who attended Jessica’s services helping us to celebrate our daughter and sister’s short but fulfilled life.  Fr. Hugh Vincent Dyer’s comforting words will remain in our hearts, and we thank him for having Mass at both of Jessica’s services.

Jessica loved all that life had to offer.  She took advantage of everything that she could fit into each day.  Her high school opportunities prepared her for her ultimate goal in life, which would be a college education.  Jessica took this goal very seriously as she visited many, many college campuses.  But it was when she drove down Mount Carmel Ave. that she knew where she would want her new life to begin.  She set one foot on the Quinnipiac campus and knew immediately that this was where she wanted to attend her college years.  Jessica absolutely loved everything about Quinnipiac.  She loved the campus with Sleeping Giant overlooking it, her teachers, and classes, the gym, her dorm, the activities-everything.

Of course what Jessica valued most in life was friendships, and that she found at Quinnipiac.  In a few short months Jessica found friends of a lifetime.  It was amazing to us that so many knew that true Jessica only after a few short months.  There are no words that we can think of to express the deep and sincere appreciation for the gift that gave our family and friends in the beautiful Memorial Service-Remembering Our Friend.  The Memorial Service was a wonderful tribute to our daughter and sister.  Amy, Kara, Arielle, Emily, and Meghan, there is no way we can thank you enough for all you have been through in honoring our beautiful Jessica.  Jessica only surrounded herself with truly good people, and we know she surrounded herself with all of you every minute of each day.  We will hold the memories that she shared with us about all of you in our hearts.

Throughout Jessica’s life, her love for children had been a guiding force, such that we have created the Jessica Bolognani Scholarship Fund, Inc.  The monies raised for this fund will help support the community’s youth through the Valley Youth Sports Program.  It is our hope that Jessica’s memory be reserved through the opportunities this scholarship fund will create for many of the valley’s children.  This fund will allow children the opportunity to participate in a wonderful program that Jessica herself supported through coaching and refereeing.  Scholarships will be available for registration fees and personal clothing allowances.  Already over the past month there have been many activities going on to raise funds for her scholarship.  We thank all of those who are participating, as it would mean the world to Jessica.  If anyone would like to donate money, checks may be made out to: Jessica Bolognani Memorial Fund P.O. Box 155 Readsboro, Vermont 05350 in her memory.

Again, we would like to express our deepest gratitude for the abundance of love that we feel from all of you.  In her short years, Jessica had given and received much love which made her into the beautiful, kind and loving woman we all knew.

With much love and appreciation,
Tim, Debbie, and Stephan Bolognani