Senior sendoff- Thank you for everything

[media-credit id=2148 align=”alignright” width=”300″]IMG_1818[/media-credit]

There are three things I think of when I think of The Quinnipiac Chronicle: hard work, dedication and family. These describe each and every single person who has helped make this experience worthwhile for me throughout these past four years.

These things describe what it’s like every Tuesday in the Media Suite. These words describe what it’s like to make friendships that will last a lifetime.

Our Student Media Advisor, Lila Carney, told me when I first became Editor-in-Chief that I would blink and it would be over. She couldn’t have been more accurate.

Being a part of The Chronicle has been a whirlwind of an experience, but I wouldn’t trade it for the world. I’ve learned so many things, but nothing compares to what I have learned being a part of this organization.

The first thing I learned is that it’s okay to make mistakes. Nothing will ever be perfect, even if you expect it to be. Just pick yourself back up, dust yourself off and try again.

The second thing I learned is that not everyone is going to like you, and that’s okay. People will criticize you and your decisions, but you need to look past that. At the end of the day, if you are confident in yourself, that is all that matters.

Lastly, don’t be afraid to take risks. If you want to try something new, it is up to you to get out there and do it. You can do anything you set your mind to, and it is important to step outside of your comfort zone.

I wouldn’t be the person I am today without The Chronicle. When I was in high school, I wasn’t involved in any extracurricular activities. Upon graduation day, I immediately regretted it. I told myself that when I entered college, I would change that. And change that I did.

So I want to say thank you to everyone who helped me get to where I am today.

Thank you to my parents, who made my dreams come true.

Thank you to my friends who have loved me at my best times and supported me at my worst.

Thank you to the former Editor-in-Chief, Julia Perkins, for being an amazing role model over these past four years.

Thank you to Lila, for supporting me through this entire experience and always being there to give me advice.

Thank you to my editorial board, who put faith in me to run this organization and ultimately became my second family.

And lastly, thank you to our readers, for always picking up the latest issue and trusting us with your university news. If it wasn’t for you, we wouldn’t exist.