Former Editor in Chief says goodbye and thank you

When I joined The Chronicle in 2001 I had no idea that I would be the one who would get up on stage in Alumni Hall a year and a half later to accept the “Organization of the Year” award.

It is an amazing honor for me as the leader of this organization, and I am thankful to have worked with so many smart and talented editors and staff members throughout the year.

In addition to the staff, there are many people who deserve recognition for their encouragement and contributions to The Chronicle, and I would like to take some time to express my appreciation for their support.

Thank you Rich Hanley, Melinda Sutton and Kerstin Soderlund for always having your office doors open for me and my staff and encouraging us to do our best in every situation.

Thank you Jarice Hanson for supporting us 150 percent in any situation, and John Morgan for being the friendly face we could turn to with our questions.

Thank you Manny Carreiro, for all your support and for our new equipment, and thank you Ed Kovacs, for all your assistance with creating the staff manual.

Thank you Jack McDonald for your photo contributions, and thank you Phil Corolla for always cleaning our office with a smile, and never complaining when you had to dispose of old stacks of newspapers.

Thank you fellow organizations, in particular Yearbook and Montage, for making the organization hallway the coziest place on campus. Thank you professors in the School of Communications, for teaching us the skills we needed to produce this award-winning publication.

Thank you all secretaries in all departments on campus – you are the ones that truly make this university function, and you have demonstrated this over and over again this past year.

There are many others as well who have assisted me and my staff to be the best that we could be, more people than I could possibly mention here, and you all deserve to be a part of celebrating this award with us. Thank you, for helping us make this newspaper great.