Farewell and thank you

After working on the Chronicle for the past three years, this is my final issue. I’m sure my name will pop up in future editions during the last few weeks of the semester, but this is my final issue as Editor-in-Chief.
Although editorials are not supposed to be personal testimonials, I am going to break that rule and say thank you to the people who have touched my life during my time here at Quinnipiac.
I would like to thank all my friends who make the tough times easier, and the good times better.
I have made many of my best friends in the Chronicle office and I will miss them more than they know. Thank you to Marisa, Viktoria, Becky, Kristen and Lauren for always being there to make me laugh. Thank you to Karen, Joe, Shannon, Mike and Danielle for making my job as Editor easier by being so good at what you do.
Thank you to Michael and Ed for supporting the Chronicle even when we were hanging on by a thread. Thank you to Rich Hanley for drilling the basics of writing and layout into our heads.
I would also like to thank a few of my professors that have influenced my life and given me the tools I need to succeed. Quinnipiac has several wonderful faculty members, but in my mind, these three stand out as the best.
Thank you to Misao Naito, my Japanese professor that has become my friend in addition to being my educator. Thank you to Paul Janensch for teaching me about journalism in the real world. Thank you to George Schiro, my history professor that never forgot to roll his eyes in mock frustration when I walked into his classroom. (Was it really mock frustration?).
And in addition to thanking all the people who have enriched my life at Quinnipiac, I have to thank the people who have been there from the beginning.
Thank you to my parents for giving me all the love and support that any child could hope for. Thank you to Steve, for being my best friend in the world. And thank you to Betty for being my family and making me laugh at every curve ball life has thrown at me. These people are my lifeliness and I would be lost without them.
Though you readers may not know the people I am writing about, you all know someone like them. The end of the semester is a turning point for many people, especially graduating seniors. Take time out to thank the people you care about.
Thanks for a great four years at Quinnipiac.
Sincerely,
Sarah Netter