QU Singers serenade Buckman

The Quinnipiac University Singers crooned in Buckman Theater Dec. 2 with a performance of songs ranging from a passion-filled “Jennifer” to hit songs like Harry Chapin’s “Cat’s in the Cradle.”

With the choir in its 10th year of operation, conductor Fred Rossomando packed the near two-hour performance with passionate songs that drew a large crowd, as a line stretched out the door.

“I was quite pleased and a little surprised that many came out to see us,” choir member Arielle Bounas said.

Since the choir did not sell tickets to the event, attendees walked away with the better end of the bargain. Standing at well over 50 members, the choir used all their voices equally to create multi-part harmonies.

In addition to the passion and love for singing, the choir was also accompanied by a small band while a skilled Rossomando played piano and conducted.

Though the participants were not in matching attire, they were dressed in semi-formal attire – men in a collared shirt and khakis, and women in a dress or skirt with a button down.

The students in attendance were appreciative of the free performance, which served as a good break from studying and final projects.

Additionally, people were impressed to see that the group had all taken time out of their schedules to put this performance together.

“It was wonderful to see all of these people coming together to sing out of pure enjoyment,” sophomore TJ DiCampli said.

Photo credit: Amanda Shulman