SGA Briefs – 3/31

The Student Government Association met on March 31, 2010.

Executive board

-The Office of Admissions is looking for help from the SGA relating to the new Admissions Advisory Board with regards to diversity and student leadership. SGA will send a permanent representative.

-SGA president Louis Venturelli met with President John Lahey regarding the student body, and discussed cords and gowns for commencement.

-Lahey has agreed to hold a Pizza with the President Day, where students will be able to have lunch with Lahey.

-VP of Finance Betsy Clarke will meet with Vice President and Dean of Students Manuel Carreiro about next year’s budget.

-Kaite Lovett met with Professor of Biology Donald Buckley about support for non-Dell computers.

-Associate Director of Facilities Keith Woodward met with the SGA to discuss sustainability on campus for next year.

-An event called “Breakfast for Bobcats” will take place in Complex courtyard.

Class Cabinets

2011

-The College Group at QU met with Senior Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs Mark Thompson about possible commencement speakers for 2011.

2012

-The class of 2012 discussed the possibility of Hilltop parking to be used by commuters in anticipation of next year’s housing situation for juniors and seniors who will live in York Hill. It also discussed initiating a system of shuttle lines with color codes.

2013

-Freshmen Field Day will be held on April 18.

New Business

-VP of Programming and SPB President Alison Tetla proposed a series of motions with regards to the SPB and SGA bylaws. These motions proposed raising the minimum cumulative GPA which one must have to sit on either group from 2.25 to 2.50, and changing the SPB technical operations chair position to Tech and Media chair. The latter operation’s intent was described as necessary to encompass a broader spectrum of operations with regards to updating online entities. Other changes included grammatical technicalities. All motions proposed passed.

-Freshman Catie Tobin was named SGA’s member of the month for March 2010.

Open Forum

-SGA discussed issues regarding mass e-mailing, an issue which relates to numerous clubs and organizations which maintain a large amount of members.