Player Profile: David Marshall

Sport: Ice Hockey
Class: Freshman
Hometown: Buffalo, Minn.
Major: Undeclared

Marshall, a product of Buffalo (Minn.) High School, has been a force at forward during the Bobcats’ recent four-game winning streak. He enjoyed his second career multiple-goal game on Oct. 22, notching two goals to contribute to the 5-0 shutout of American International. He’s reaping the benefits of a summer full of constant hard work.

Interesting Facts: Marshall arrived at Quinnipiac after two seasons with the Chicago Steel in the United States Hockey League. During his final season last year, Marshall’s 20 goals established him as a top scorer.

“It’s been a good transition,” said Marshall of the jump from the USHL to the Division I level.

In a league where it’s difficult to shine due to the vast number of hot prospects, Marshall’s game grabbed the attention of a number of D-I programs last year. He inked with QU after a visit around Christmas time last year.

“I felt right at home when I came out here,” Marshall said. “The guys out here are awesome. I can’t ask for better captains – Ty Deinema, (Reid) Cashman, and all the Minnesota guys.”

Marshall is also playing alongside good friend Chris Walsh, his teammate on the Steel last season.

Marshall on the Season: “I think moving into the league (ECAC) a lot of people are kind of counting us out already – we got picked to finish in 12th place. But I think we’re going to surprise a lot of people, we’ve got some good leaders, we’ve got some good sophomores to really step it up. I think that we can make a strong push to the top and be one of top four ECAC teams.”