Bobcat lacrosse team led by core of talented freshmen

Quinnipiac University men’s lacrosse team continues to face new challenges along the season with a young team composed of mostly freshman.

The Bobcats this season have a remarkable nineteen freshmen on the roster, led by Josh Murray who has 22 points (14 goals and 8 assists).

Other freshmen on the team include Kevin Brown, Scott Bryant, Sean McBride and Ty Roman to name a few. Quinnipiac hopes to build a solid program with the entire current and incoming freshman in the next four years.

The Bobcats recently dropped a heartbreaker to the University of Vermont on April 6 by a score of 5-4. Quinnipiac shared the lead with the Catamounts throughout the game until 3:56 remained in the game when the Catamounts took the lead for good. The Bobcats were led by freshman sensation Josh Murray scoring a goal, along with John Giordano, Eric Trama and Chip Schmidt.

The loss brings Quinnipiac’s record to 1-2 in the America East Conference with only two conference games remaining. Their overall record is 2-8.

Earlier in the week, the Bobcats fell to the national powerhouse Princeton University by a score of 14-3. The game was a lot closer than the score appeared to be. Murray, who had two goals, as well as Jon Heller, scoring his first ever-collegiate goal for the Bobcats.

The next scheduled game for the Bobcats was supposed to be Saturday April 12 against University of Hartford, but due to weather restrictions the game has been moved to Sunday April 13.

The Bobcats then head to Albany and lastly host Holy Cross in the season finale before heading to the America East Tournament.