Dinnan, Bollerman pave way for QU track

Many personal and season bests were set at the Terrier Invitational last weekend. The times posted allowed some runners to qualify for the IC4A Championship meet in early March.
The women’s team performance was highlighted by senior Chelsea Bollerman’s ECAC-qualifying time of 9:47.85 in the women’s 3,000-meter race. The finish put Bollerman in second place in her heat and 12th place overall.
Five Bobcat runners set their own records this weekend. In the 400-meter, sophomore Nicole Payne finished with a time of 1:01.52. Freshman Morgan Roche finished with a time of 5:06.58 and junior Kristen Stevens finished at 5:08.77 in the mile run. In the 3,000-meter, freshman Katherine Beam finished with a time of 10:26.88. Senior Abbey Gosling finished with a time of 18:11.58 in the 5,000-meter.
The women’s distance medley relay team won their heat and finished seventh overall with a time of 12:14:22. Stevens ran the 1,200-meter leg in a time of 3:49, followed by Payne, who ran the 400-meter portion in 1:02. Roche finished the 800-meter leg of the relay with a time of 2:24 while Bollerman anchored the team with a time of 4:47 in the final 1600 meters.
The standout performance on the men’s side was junior Tyler Dinnan’s performance in the 1,000-meter race. Dinnan finished in eighth overall with a time of 2:29.22, winning his heat and qualifying him for the IC4A championship meet.
The Bobcats men’s indoor track team competed in the distance medley relay, finishing with a time of 10:15, good enough for a sixth place. The finish qualified the team, made up of juniors Dinnan and Brendan Amoruso and seniors Steve Pilch and Jack McDonald, for the IC4A championship meet later this season.
Freshman stud Rich Klauber won his heat, finishing 10 seconds ahead of the second-place runner, and finished 18th overall in the 5,000-meter with a time of 14:52.37.
In the 3,000-meter race, freshmen John Beckshaw and Dan Roark each posted season bests, with heat-winning times of 8:05.02 and 8:43.59, respectively.
In the mile race, McDonald finished with a season-best time of 4:24.39. Freshman John Healy won his heat and set a personal best of his own, at 4:31.73.
The Bobcats 4×400 relay team also added a season-best, finishing with a time of 3:35.05. The team is composed of freshmen Matthew Andriulli, Frankie DiSomma and Sean Ramsey, and sophomore Andrew Mayernick.
Both the men’s and women’s track teams will return to action this coming weekend as the Bobcats travel to Kingston, R.I., to take part in the two-day Rhody Open at the University of Rhode Island.