Pall propels Stony Brook over men’s lacrosse

Kevin Pall set a Stony Brook record, scoring eight goals while powering his Seawolves past previously undefeated Quinnipiac 14-7 in its last home game of the season.
Despite coming into the game as the nation’s top-scoring team (16.33 goals per game), the Braves didn’t even get on the scored board until Joe Baglio cut an already large deficit to 5-1 with a little more than five minutes remaining in the first quarter.
That was the first of only three first-half goals for the Braves who were outscored 7-3 by Pall alone in the first half, and were faced with a 10-3 score to overcome with just two quarters remaining.
Quinnipiac’s woes continued as they couldn’t gain an edge, matching Stony Brook 4 – 4 in the final half. Despite narrowing the Stony Brook lead to 11-6 at one point in the third quarter, the Braves couldn’t really get back into the game. The Seawolves tallied three of the final four goals to put the game away.
The Braves were out shot, lost the majority of the face offs, and lost the ground ball battle, but more importantly, for the first time all year the Braves were beaten. Pall and the Seawolves exploited the Quinnipiac defense and limited the offense of the Braves to a season low seven goals.
Alan LoGuidice scored one of the Braves’ seven goals in his final game at Brave Field, as he is the only senior on the Quinnipiac squad. The Baglio twins provided the other six goals falling just short of their 6.36-combined GPG average, which has them both individually tied for ninth in the nation in GPG. Joe Baglio continued to increase his school record for points, now at 66 with one regular season game to play.
Fortunately for the Braves, even though the undefeated season was lost, they are still in the history books and their ultimate goal is still within grasp. After one more non-conference game at Hartford on April 28, the Baglios look to carry the Braves to Poughkeepsie, NY in an attempt to capture the schools first MAAC