RAVE and WRECK of the week: Oct 20, 2010

South Park: “It’s a Jersey Thing”

“South Park’s” take on all things Jersey was hysterical. Characters expressed concerns about Jersey taking over the rest of the country, making the West Coast “West Jersey,” reaching out to al-Qaida and Osama bin Laden for help.

The episode felt complete with “Snooki Monster,” decked out in her slippers, jar of pickles, and signature poof. The gremlin-like creature ran around yelling “Snooki want smoosh smoosh!” referencing the famous “Jersey Shore” cast’s “smoosh room.”

“It seems like all people from Jersey do is hump and punch each other,” “South Park” character Stan said.

As Sheila admits she was born and raised in New Jersey, drank heavily, and punched women, she is forced to tell her son Kyle why he was uncontrollably sporting a blowout. She tells him “You can take the fetus out of Jersey but you can’t take Jersey out of the fetus.”

“You’re a ginger, a Jew and from Jersey,” Cartman said to Kyle, while he advised everyone to stay away from him.

In the end, “Kyley-B” finally slaps and scares off the “Snooki Monster,” calling her “garbage,” in a hilarious Jersey accent.

The episode was well-done, making fun of the fact that New Jersey is really invading the entertainment world as a guilty pleasure.

Miley Cyrus: “Who Owns My Heart”

Look out: Miley Cyrus becomes legal in a month. But during her last days as a 17-year-old, the controversial performer released a new music video and has the Parents Television Council astonished. Cyrus’ “Who Owns My Heart” video proves that she has come a long way since her Disney Channel days. However, isn’t it all too much, too fast?

“It is unfortunate that she would participate in such a sexualized video like this one,” PTC president Tim Winter told TMZ. “Miley built her fame and fortune entirely on the backs of young girls, and it saddens us that she seems so eager to distance herself from that fan base so rapidly.”

The video opens with the half-naked songstress rolling around on a bed, and then sitting on a bathtub in booty shorts. Those scenes cut to her slouched in a limo with barely-there clothes again. Amidst the strong techno beats and dim lighting, Cyrus can be seen crawling on a wooden table and grinding with other girls in the club. The song is definitely catchy, but the video a tad risqué.

One has to wonder if Cyrus is merely trying to break free from her good girl image, or just cause a stir.