RAVE and WRECK of the week: Sept. 22

RAVE of the week: “Cupcake Wars”

Food Network’s “Cupcake Wars” is truly one of the most mouth-watering and exhilarating shows to air in a long time. Premiering in June, “Cupcake Wars” is a show that pits four cupcake bakery owners from all over the country in a battle against each other to win the ultimate prize of $10,000. The winner also has the opportunity to get promotion for their business at a high-profile event. Judges Candace Nelson (the founder of Sprinkles Cupcakes, the world’s first cupcake bakery) and Florian Bellanger (an executive French pastry chef) are particularly critical. “Cupcake Wars” is a fast-paced hour of yummy goodness full of entertaining personalities that even makes the non-baker want to build their own cupcake bakery.

WRECK of the week: Lohan fails drug test…again

Yes, Lindsay Lohan is that much of a wreck that she makes this spot two weeks in a row. It looks like she misses her cozy jail cell. On Sept. 17 the red-headed trainwreck admitted to failing two drug tests since her most recent rehab stay. The former teenage drama queen tested positive to cocaine. Just one week ago Lohan’s VMA cameo screamed Hollywood redemption, and fans were hopeful it was the start of her comeback career. Lohan may face up to 30 days in jail and eight months of drug counseling. I’m sure Lohan will find work on reality TV shows like “Intervention” and “Celebrity Rehab.” What happened to the cute little girl from “The Parent Trap?” Wilmer Valderrama dumped her and she’s been screwed up ever since. Wonder what mom of the year Dina Lohan will have to say about this one; probably nothing since the cougar doesn’t want to risk losing her party partner.