Compilation CDs and soundtracks let one bring the best of music artists home

This winter brought the release of many albums that are must-haves. The soundtrack to the film “Save the Last Dance” and the Lenny Kravitz Greatest Hits Album are just two of them.
    The “Save the Last Dance” Soundtrack is a compilation of rap, hip-hop, and R&B tracks, some of which you’ll know, some of which may be new to you. Lucy Pearl offers the song “You” to the soundtrack, backed by Snoop Dogg and Q-Tip. “You” is one of the several songs on the soundtrack that you can dance to.
    One of the movie’s stars, Fredro Starr, performs the theme for the movie. In just one song, Starr portrays the basis of the movie. Lyrics like “We’re all the same color when you turn out the lights,” helps to get across just one of the messages that “Save the Last Dance” is trying to portray. The song includes the chorus from Phil Collins’ “True Colors.”
    Two new songs that have been receiving a tremendous amount of radio play as of late were considered worthy enough to grace this soundtrack, and rightfully so. Pink’s new hit “You Make Me Sick” and K-CI and JoJo’s “Crazy” are included on the album.
    Some other well-known dance tracks were chosen for the album. One of them is Montell Jordan’s single “Get It On Tonite.” The song has even been featured on the television trailers for “Save the Last Dance.” Q-Tip makes a second appearance on the album with his track “Breathe and Stop.”
    Another of the songs that has become known from one of the trailers to “Save the Last Dance” is Athena Cage’s “All or Nothing.” When you hear the song, you’ll be recognize it from the commercial where Julia Stiles’ character is “living her dream” on stage.
    “Lenny Kravitz Greatest Hits” offers more than a decade’s worth of the rocker’s most popular songs. Although you may be surprised that Kravitz, still relatively young, already has a Greatest Hits album, you will not be disappointed.
    The album begins with the hard rock beats of 1993’s “Are You Gonna Go My Way” from the album of the same name. That track is followed by a more rhythmic track that can still be heard on the radio often today, “Fly Away” from the album “5.”
    The album includes a new track by Kravitz. “Again” was appropriately becoming a hit on the air waves and on MTV as its artists compilation was released.
    The romantic side of Lenny Kravitz’s music is not spared on his “Greatest Hits” album. Older songs like 1991’s “It Ain’t Over Til It’s Over” made the cut for the album. “Can’t Get You Off of My Mind” from 1995’s “Circus,” and a more recent single ” I Belong to You” are also offered on the compilation.
    Lenny Kravitz’s musical talent dates back to as early as the late 1980s, and listeners get a taste of his earlier work on this album. The “Greatest Hits” albums includes the up-beat “Mr. Cab Driver,” and also the well known “Let Love Rule,” both from the 1989 album “Let Love Rule.”
    The soundtrack to “Save the Last Dance” and “Lenny Kravitz Greatest Hits” are definitely worthy investments.