Students speak up (Oct. 31)

Question: It’s been a year since the election, have your opinions changed or not, and why?

[media-credit name=”Peter O’Neill” align=”alignright” width=”200″][/media-credit]Amanda Charlton, Junior,  Communications and Elementary Education

“I still don’t agree with how it all went down. I still don’t agree with his policies that have been put in place are benefiting anyone. Before, I didn’t think either candidate was all that great, but I think he’s the worst of the two evils, so I’m not too pleased, and I don’t think he’s being effective,”

[media-credit name=”Peter O’Neill” align=”alignright” width=”200″][/media-credit]Lucas Smith, Senior, Biology

“I’m still not a huge fan of our president today, as I was not beforehand. I just do not think he is a great person and a great leader of this country. I mean, I’m not too involved with politics, but I know he is someone I do not want leading this country, and his morals don’t align with mine. I’m not particularly liberal or leftist, but I don’t align with his morals, his values and what he is doing with this country,”

[media-credit name=”Peter O’Neill” align=”alignright” width=”200″][/media-credit]Chelsea Rojan, Junior, Health Science

“I just don’t think our president is fit for the job, personally. He isn’t a good role model and our country hasn’t improved whatsoever, and it’s going downhill. The way he acts, the way he speaks, it’s immature and childish and unpresidential.”

[media-credit name=”Peter O’Neill” align=”alignright” width=”200″][/media-credit]Fiona LaPierre, Freshman, Physical Therapy

“My opinions on him haven’t changed. It’s just the way he’s been handling things like the situation in Puerto Rico. It’s an American territory;  they’re a part of our country, you should take care of them like you take care of us,”