2015 student commencement speakers selected

College of Arts and Sciences

Charlie Doe | English Major

[media-credit name=”Nicole Moran” align=”alignnone” width=”268″]DSC_0038[/media-credit]

“I definitely wasn’t expecting to be [chosen]. But I was really excited, really honored and I’m definitely looking forward to revising and editing what I’m going to say and making sure it sticks with everyone as we move forward … It’s as much everyone else’s graduation as it is mine. We’re all kind of going through the same thing with looking forward to graduating and what the future has in store. [The speech] touches upon the shared experiences of the class of 2015 at Quinnipiac and sort of how to take those experiences and make college something that is meaningful, not just for these four years but in the future too.”

School of Business & Communications

Jon Alba | Broadcast journalism major

[media-credit name=”Megan Maher” align=”alignnone” width=”300″]_MLM1320[/media-credit]

“Public speaking has always been a very important part of my life … I was contacted to submit a speech and for me it was a no-brainer. There was a lot of talented people who submitted stuff, ranging from other student media leaders to athletes to people who really excelled inside and outside the classroom. The core theme of the speech is opportunity and how Quinnipiac does provide opportunity, but the main idea is opportunity can only be made. College is about putting yourself in a situation where you can practically learn and make yourself better so I really hope that people come away with that message from this speech.”

School of Health Sciencs & Nursing

Grace Rivera-Owen | Microbiology major

[media-credit name=”Megan Maher” align=”alignnone” width=”300″]_MLM1306[/media-credit]

“I thought it would be really cool to get the chance to speak in front of the class, especially the health science class, and when I got the opportunity I knew I would kick myself if I didn’t apply. It’s really special for me because I want to go into the health science field and so does everyone from [the schools] so I think it’s really unique to speak to people that I’ve been in classes with and people that I know and people I’ve studied with. We all have the same kind of end goals, we all want to be in the healthcare profession and we all want to be helping other people.”