Developing story: Expelled students speak out on blog

One of the students expelled in relation to the
    Oct. 28 party at 3211 Whitney Avenue has decided to take his case to the public.

The Chronicle received an e-mail at 11:27 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 13, from Jeffrey Saliture, which included a link to a newly created blog discussing the situation of the six men who
    lived at the party house.

This blog, available at http://unjustcolleges.blogspot.com, includes three entries from a poster called “the6ofthem” which detail the situation faced by the students. The username
    references the six house residents, Saliture, Yusef Qasim, Michael Persico, Anthony Falangas, Ben Baroody, and Michael Solebello.

Titled “Let It Be Known,” the blog describes the back story of the party, saying that it was not a resident of the house who sent a mass e-mail invitation but rather Steven Scalora, a non-QU student who knew only one
    of the housemates.

The blogger went on to say that the students were acting responsibly when they decided to
    call the police on an out-of-hand situation. According to the site, the police who responded to the scene used excessive force in searching and raiding the house.

The site also describes a lack of due process
    allowed for the students and a secretive alteration of university student handbook policies that affect the appeals process for the students in question.

Following their arrest, the students were immediately expelled from the university and faced a disciplinary hearing at the university during which the expulsions were confirmed. The students are in the midst of the appeal process.

“The bottom line is this university will not tolerate students who buy alcohol for minors,” John Morgan, director of public relations for Quinnipiac, told The Chronicle on Monday.

In addition to a campus hearing, the six students made an appearance in Meriden Superior Court on Monday, Nov. 14, and were granted a continuance until December. The Chronicle is awaiting confirmation of the
    exact date.

The Hamden Police declined to comment regarding this matter. The six students were unavailable for comment by press time.