No shave November

No shave November

Many students are participating in No Shave November, but not everyone knows the purpose behind it. According to no-shave.org, “the goal of No-Shave November is to grow awareness by embracing our hair, which many cancer patients lose, and letting it grow wild and free.” Below are some of the students who said they will be participating this year. Be sure to see our issue at the end of the month to see their facial hair progress and transformation.

Alex Tonkonogy

Sophomore | Health science major

[media-credit name=”Sarah Harris” align=”alignnone” width=”500″]DSC_0056[/media-credit]

“I’ve [competed] with my friends from back home and I continue to do it here. My fraternity is doing a competition.”

Bill McNett

Junior | Finance major

[media-credit name=”Sarah Harris” align=”alignnone” width=”500″]DSC_0053[/media-credit]

“Actually, I don’t really have a reason. I’m just doing it to grow out my beard. To show my manhood and to show my grizzly side, my inner Scotsman.”

Jason Sadowsky

Junior | Economics major

[media-credit name=”Sarah Harris” align=”alignnone” width=”500″]DSC_0062[/media-credit]

“It’s a good November tradition and good to raise awareness for prostate cancer.”

Matt Borker

Freshman | FVI major

[media-credit name=”Sarah Harris” align=”alignnone” width=”500″]DSC_0063[/media-credit]

“I didn’t do it last year but all my group of friends did it and it was a cool event to see whose beard could grow the longest as a source of masculinity and manhood. So I figured, with my group of friends this year, I would do it with them to see who could grow it the longest.”