Clery Act: 663 liquor violations, four sexual offenses reported in 2013

The number of reported sex offenses, drug-related arrests, liquor violations and hate crimes increased on campus in 2013, according to 2014 Clery Act crime statistics released Wednesday.

There were 663 reported liquor violations on campus in 2013, according to the statistics. The university reported that 593 of these violations occurred in student housing, while the other 70 violations occurred in areas other than residential housing.

In 2012, there were 634 reported liquor violations on campus. Meanwhile, the university reported 682 liquor violations in 2011.

The university reported four sex offenses in student housing in 2013, according to the statistics. This is an increase from 2011 and 2012, when the university reported only one sex offense.

Hate crimes increased from four in 2012 to six in 2013. There were zero reported hate crimes in 2011, according to the statistics.

The number of reported aggravated assaults in student housing has stayed at three assaults for the past three years, according to the statistics.

Burglary on campus decreased slightly. In 2013, there were nine cases of burglary, eight in residence halls and one elsewhere on campus. Whereas in 2012, there were 10 cases of burglary in student housing. In 2011, there were only three reported cases of burglary.

There were six reported drug-related arrests in 2013, according to the statistics. In 2012, the university reported three drug-related arrests, while Quinnipiac reported five drug-related arrests in 2011.

Disciplinary referrals for weapons possession also decreased. There were no reported cases of this in 2013, but five cases in 2012 and seven cases in 2011.

The Jeanne Clery Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to release their annual crime statistics every Oct. 1.

The university was not immediately available for comment.

Stay with The Chronicle for updates.