Inside the Mind of the former Student Body President

Name: Ben Cloutier

Year: Senior

Major: Political Science

Hometown: Goffstown, New Hampshire

[media-credit id=1980 align=”alignright” width=”300″][/media-credit]

CM: How does it feel handing over your position after two years in office?

BC: It’s bittersweet to think about, but I’m happy and excited to hand off the organization to Matt and his new Executive Board; I can’t wait to see what they can accomplish. It’s crazy to think that two years ago I was elected into the position, the time has flown by. I’m looking forward to moving on, but it’s certainly going to be tough to leave SGA and QU behind.

CM: What are some of the changes you’ve implemented or overseen while in office?

BC: Our administration has been very successful in both improving the quality of our organization, as well as finding new ways of better connecting the students to university administration and relevant issues. Ryan Scanlon, our Vice President for Public Relations, created our website, qusga.com, which we’ve been able to use to better our communications amongst ourselves and with the student body. Additionally, our Programming and Student Awareness Committees put on the State of the QUnion event, in which we invited Quinnipiac’s top administrators to come to a panel discussion, open to all students, regarding the campus happenings and plans for the future.

CM: What do you think of our new Student Body President, Matt Desilets?

BC: Matt is one of my closest friends, and I could not be more proud of him and of this accomplishment. He has worked hard over the last two years to get here, and I have nothing but confidence in his abilities going forward.

CM: You’re officially leaving Quinnipiac, what’s next for you?

BC: I’ll be attending the George Washington University Law School in D.C. this fall. I guess we’ll see where life takes me after that!

CM: What do you want your legacy to be at Quinnipiac? What do you want people to know about you?

BC: I just hope that I was the best representative of the undergraduates here at Quinnipiac that I could have been. I’d like for the community to know that I am truly thankful for being given the opportunity to serve my peers for four years; it was an incredible honor and privilege.

CM: What have you taken from your experience as student body president?

BC: I’ve been able to have experiences and take advantage of opportunities I would’ve never been exposed to had I not been the SGA President. I’ve grown and learned an immense amount throughout these past two years, and I’m looking forward to the future.