RAVE: Jurassic Park in 3D

It’s a bird! It’s a plane! No, it’s a Pterodactyl?

On Friday, director Steven Spielberg’s famous digitally animated dinosaurs from 1993’s “Jurassic Park” will be stomping back to theaters in 3-D and IMAX. Longtime fans will be able to experience the fictional world of dinosaurs in a way that was unimaginable at the time of its original release.

“The only movie that I would ever even consider retrofitting is the first Jurassic Park,” Steven Spielberg told Moviefone in 2011. “I think would look pretty spectacular in 3D,” he said. “The first leading characters in history that were digital characters were the dinosaurs in ‘Jurassic Park.’ That had never happened before.”

Two years after that statement, Spielberg and his team are ready to have dinosaurs jumping off the screen and have fans jumping out of their seats once again; just in time for the film’s 20th anniversary. This three-time Academy Award-winning film was the best in its day and now the past will be able to be re-lived on a whole new level of technology.

The intertwined use of real-life science and fantastical events is what captures the imagination of all who watch Jurassic Park. I can still remember being captivated (and frightened) watching a Tyrannosaurs chase after their run-away Jeep, getting closer and closer! Now, the special effects are going to be more vivid and intense than ever before. It will be refreshing to see one of the greatest 90s movies recreated to fit today’s advanced technology.