News outside the Quinnipiac campus

Predictions on Storm Saturn to hit East Coast
As of Tuesday afternoon, the East Coast winter storm, Saturn, is set to approach Washington, D.C. today with snow hitting New England beginning tomorrow and possibly staying until Friday, according to weather.com. Winter Storm Saturn will begin in Washington, D.C. metro. Snow is predicted to be wet and heavy because it is in March. The heaviest of the storm is forecasted to stay in Central Appalachians. Power outages may be a threat because of high winds. More information and updates for places like Boston, Providence and Hartford are to come. However, lighter snow is expected from Baltimore, to Philadelphia and New York City.

Pilot spots drone near JFK airport
A pilot of an Alitalia jet from Rome spotted a small drone or model aircraft as he approached John F. Kennedy International Airport Monday afternoon, according to a New York Times article. The pilot informed air traffic controllers and described seeing the drone when he was about four miles southeast of the airport, 1,500 feet off the ground. Aviation officials could not explain the sighting and said they will investigate the sighting.

Dow Reaches Record High
The Dow Jones Industrial Average reached 14,286.37 points on Tuesday, according to CNN Money. This is the highest the Dow Jones Industrial Average has been, beating the previous record of 14,164.53 in October 2007. This number doubles the Dow Jones Industrial Average of 2007, when the Dow hit a low of 6547.05 in March 2009, according to the Wall Street Journal. Analysts say the rise in the Dow Jones Industrial Average is due to the U.S. Federal Reserve’s easy monetary policy. Some see this as a sign that the economy is improving, while others believe that the economy still has a while to go before it makes a full recovery.
~J.Perkins