Other SGA positions

Matthew Bucci
    Year: Junior
    Position: Senior Class Vice President
    Platform: As we approach our senior year, it is imperative that we utilize and maximize all of Quinnipic’s resources to insure our life after graduation. I hope to work closely with the senior cabinet to coordinate useful events and represent our class’s best interests througout the year.

Michael R. Radparvar
    Year: Junior
    Position: Senior Class President
    Platform: I am running because I believe the class of ’05 deserves the best. Quinnipiac is an excellent school with great potential; however, there are still many opportunites for improvement. Our senior cabinet demands a leader who is both experienced in how SGA operates and will be integrated into the university. My accomplishements in the past three years at Quinnipiac have helped to prepare me for this position. If I have not had the opportunity to meet you yet, please come introduce yourself and ask me personally why I want to be your Senior Class President.

Benjamin Nash
    Year: Junior
    Position: Senior Class President
    Platform: My name is Ben Nash and I am running for Senior Class President. I live in Newtown, CT, but I am a native of Ireland. With my real world political experience I will offer a fresh perspective to current problems troubling the student body. If elected I plan to address such issues as parking, food pricing, and the current relationship between the student body and security. Please visit my website at www.student-movement.org to see what I will do for you!

George Kallivrousis
    Year: Junior
    Position: Senior Class President
    Platform: Students at Quinnipiac need to feel comfortable with sharing their ideas and opinions with SGA. If elected senior class president, I will work to make the SGA a more effective institution by using its voice to facilitate communication between all campus bodies to generate successful change, and to make the senior class’ QU experience the best it can be.

Paul Romano
    Year: Junior
    Position: Senior Class Representative
    Platform: I’m from Port Jefferson, Long Island, and have a double major in Media Production and Sociology. I have always felt compelled to reach out to others in need. I similarly feel compelled to step up and take a greater role here in this community. I feel I am a first-class candidate for this position because I bring new ideas and a fresh mind to an already exceptional assembly of individuals. Couple this with the fact that I want to work hard and how can you go wrong? I want to help others, I want to be proactive and to help raise overall student awareness on campus, which is the greatest issue facing our student body today. I love the class of 2005 and want to work hard for them. Let’s make next year our year. I know I’m ready, but are you ready?

Steve Geller
    Year: Sophomore
    Position: Junior Class President
    Platform: I am running for the President of the class of 2006 because I want to be the voice for the students. I would like to be able to work with administration to help them understand the student perspective on issues. Overall, there are a few changes I would like to make. I would like to improve the relationship between the SGA and the organizations. I feel over the past few years, this relationship has weakened. I would also like to try to help the SGA have a more positive image on campus, as well as enlarging the club so that more students will join and participate in voicing their concerns.

Emily Sherman
    Year: Sophomore
    Position: Junior Class Representative
    Platform: My name is Emily Sherman. I am from Southhampton, Long Island. I am running for the position of junior class representative. I am a journalism major with a political science minor. I decided to run for SGA for the third consecutive year because I love being involved on campus. I enjoy working closely with the administration and students who have the same drive and desires as myself. I love seeing change!

Meghan Viveiros
    Year: Sophomore
    Position: Junior Class Representative
    Platform: I have prior experience on SGA as well as on other campus organizations. My goal is to improve the way the student government association communicates with the entire Quinnipiac community. I am running to help in achieving the present goals of the student government association as well as establish new ones. I would like to see significant improvements made within the health center as well as the health services in general on campus.

Rafal Kowalezyk
    Year: Freshman
    Position: Sophomore Class President
    Platform: I am running for Sophomore Class President because I want to improve the way SGA is being run. I want to make a difference and I want the students’ voices to be heard.

Kathleen Swift
    Year: Freshman
    Position: Sophomore Class Vice President
    Platform: As the current VP of the Class of 2007, I want to continue working on the projects we have undertaken as well as further the successes we have had on SGA with preparing incoming freshman, uniting our class, and increasing voter turnout at QU. After just returning from attending a conference in Texas with SGAs from around the country, I am very enthusiastic and excited about implementing what I have learned at the conference to make our QU community and SGA even better.

Andrew Videira
    Year: Freshman
    Position: Sophomore Vice President/Representative
    Platform: Hello, I am running for the Class of 2007 VP/Rep position because I want to create a better relationship between students and their SGA cabinet members. Too many students are unaware of the significance of the SGA council because too many students are left out of the process. If elected I will work to develop more social programs and work on campus issues that are relevant to the lives of the students.

Will Davenport
    Year: Freshman
    Position: Sophomore Class Vice President/ Representative.
    Platform: I’ve been working with the administration to update our leadership program and enhance the opportunities available to the student body. Not only do I have experience running prominent programs such as leadership training conferences, but I also have experience working with the QU community to develop programs. My job as a Leadership Program Assistant has put me in touch with much of the community here at Quinnipiac, and also allowed me to develop working relationships with the QU administration. If elected as the Vice President of the Class of 2007, I will work with the President to help ensure that our class leaves our mark at QU. Remember, Where there’s a Will there’s a way.

Daniel Grzesik
    Year: Freshman
    Position: Sophomore Representative
    Platform: I am running for many reasons, one of them being to help my class realize how much QU has to offer if they take advantage of the many opportunities. I wish to organize more events. I believe if the students were more interested about happenings on campus, more people would stay on the weekends. If elected, I wish to show my class, and the student body, that I am committed and a good leader. I am here to make a difference.

Kevin Sokolski
    Year: Freshman
    Position: Sophomore Representative
    Platform: I want to form a better relationship between the students and the administration on campus. My main goal is to help the SGA make a difference and to help solve the campus issues the students are facing. I hope that with my help the students will be happier on this campus.

Stephanie Fallar
    Year: Freshman
    Position: Sophomore Representative
    Platform: I took the first semester to understand the University and to get to know the students and feel I can attribute [sic] with the help of others a great enviornment to attend school, sports, lounge in your dorm and be with your friends. I want to see the idea of implementing a new nightly program and to become involved with the dealings of the Quinnipiac shuttle systems.

Kristin Kroha
    Year: Freshman
    Position: Sophomore Representative
    Platform: I am running for class representative and to bring change and improvement to our campus community and my individual class.

Brittany Sanders
    Year: Freshman
    Position: Sophomore Class Representative
    Platform: Hi! My name is Brittany Sanders and I am running for sophomore class representative. I am a political science major from Mountainside, NJ. I am seeking this position because I am currently a class representative and on the Student Awareness Committee, and really enjoy helping and informing my fellow students and helping solve campus wide problems. I feel that class unity i very important and my position in Student government allows me to help plan events and address problems specifically that involve my class.

Rachel Lagana
    Year: Freshman
    Platform: Hi, my name is Rachel Lagana and I am from Boxford, Massachusetts. I am a sociology majo and am running for the position of sophomore class representative. The reason I’m running for class representative is so I can be more involved in school activities and have a voice in the government. My goal is to make my college experience at Quinnipiac more productive and as enjoyable as possible.

Joseph Vines
    Year: Freshman
    Platform: My name is Joey Vines, and I am a Public Relations major from Billerica, MA. The Freshmen Cabinet has made great strides all year. We have a great program coming up in the spring. Let’s keep that momentum going! I have made a difference in working to correct the food service issues and meeting with Derek Zuckerman to solve the housing problems.