Seniors can find all links in one place

Seniors can find all links in one place

Graduation is quickly approaching, and with it, so are numerous dates and events seniors should remember. To keep students up to date and lessen the amount of emails they receive, the Senior Class Cabinet worked with the Information Technology Department to create Senior Quicklinks, a website dedicated to informing upperclassmen of all they need to know.

[media-credit name=”Photo courtesy of SGA” align=”alignright” width=”300″][/media-credit]The exact launch date for the site, which can be accessed through My Q, will be announced soon.

“As seniors, we start getting so many different emails from different groups,” Senior Class President Andrea Rogers said. “In the past, email overload has been overwhelming for seniors who find themselves winding down their undergraduate careers with projects, a thesis and attending interviews. We hope to prove that Senior Quicklinks will increase responsiveness and participation as the undergrad career winds down.”

Senior Class Vice President Catherine Tobin described the website as a “one-stop shop” opportunity because the website will list reminders, documents and files that can be printed. There will also be a calendar, which can be synched with the Microsoft Outlook calendar, containing dates of events and deadlines.

Career Services, Summit Yearbook, Senior Gift Committee, Senior Week Committee, Commencement Committee and the Senior Class Cabinet will also have pages on the site.

“There has not been one place for seniors to go to to hold all of this information. This site, which will work like a team site, will hold all of the information for them,” Tobin said.

Andrew McDermott, a member of Quinnipiac University’s Class of 2012, came up with the idea last year after hearing students complain about the amount of emails they receive. McDermott took the idea to Tobin, who was able to help launch it into effect for this year.

This year’s Senior Class Cabinet worked with Marc Saddig, an applications specialist from the Information Technology Department, to create the website based on the group’s ideas.

Rogers hopes the website becomes something “reuseable every year” and is not just a fad. She also hopes, as it gets passed down, more groups will be added to the Senior Quicklinks page.

“I hope this is something the university will be interested in and stay interested in,” Rogers said.