We are all on the same journey

As I walk through this beautiful campus I cannot help but wonder: wow, am I really here? Did I really accomplish all this? Am I really on my own? Even though I always see the upperclassmen saying, “look she is new,” I know that I belong. A day in the life of a freshman is just like the day in the life of a senior except that our journey is just beginning.

I am a mere freshman and I have accomplished a wonderful task that some seniors do not achieve in all their years of formal education – I only have classes on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. In the beginning I thought that this would be good because I can have long weekends. However, the reality is my long weekends consist of lots of homework. I am taking seventeen credits (seven classes), which consist of such things as biology, psychology, English and more. Although I have a lot of work ahead of me, I am very excited.

I am a young freshman, only seventeen years old and with this wonderful school and wonderful people in it, I have learned so much already. With my great RA and good companions from orientation I have defeated the first two weeks with my head held high and a strong attitude. Coming in here I was a little worried with questions like will I make it and will it be too hard? With the wonderful support that this school offers, I have found that I will do fine. This is a wonderful school that allows for so much. I could not have asked for anything more.

Speaking of this school, did you know that my hometown is a mere ten minutes away and yet I still live on campus? When I came to visit Quinnipiac I was so dumbfounded by the beauty and serenity of it all that I decided that I did not just want to come here but that also wanted to live here. Even though I could probably walk home I wanted to really get what Quinnipiac was all about and I knew that the only way to do this was to live here. I am very glad with the decision that I made to come here for this is a wonderful school and even though I am ten minutes away from home, I am in a whole new world.

Remember, although I am only a freshman, I too am on the same journey as any other student at this school. We all have similar goals to succeed and make our way through these next four years of our lives. One day I hope to be able to look back on my freshman year and think, “Wow, those were the days!”