Two alumni create housing alternatives

With the housing deadline earlier this year than years past, the junior class might be struggling to make the decision of living on or off campus. That’s where QURentals.com comes into play.  Christian Contreras and Gregory Robinson, 2004 alumni, started their company a year after they graduated and have been renting to Quinnipiac students ever since.

“We’re recognized by the student community as their resource to providing quality off campus housing in the Hamden area,” Robinson said.

What sets QURentals.com apart from other housing websites in the area is Contreras and Robinson’s experience and understanding of the housing process, they said. They also know it can be a bit of a stressful time; especially with the deadline being earlier for upcoming seniors.

“It’s annoying because we literally just got to school and already have to think about where and who we want to live with a year from now,” junior Lindsey Kelly said. “I got lucky with my roommates and we already found an off campus place but some people are definitely stressed, a lot can happen in a year.”

Contreras and Robinson explained that it is not an easy process, but they take pride in going through that process with both the student and their parents. They also have all of their 11 properties under the Student Housing Permit with the town of Hamden.

Hamden has a law that states only four students can live together under one roof.

Junior Cara Gilmartin and her roommates were not willing to go through the drama of splitting up.

“My roommates and I knew that senior housing can get stressful, and we’d be interested in living off campus anyway,” Gilmartin said. “One of our friends found a really nice two-family house for seven people in Cheshire that we are going to live in.”

QURentals strongly abides by the four person rule, it’s not only their rule, but a law implemented by the Town of Hamden, they said.

“Our company has invested a lot of time and money to get all of our properties permitted with the Town of Hamden and will not risk putting more than four students per house,” Contreras and Robinson said.

The company’s foundation of success is built on professionalism, integrity, knowledge, experience and most importantly honesty, Contreras and Robinson said.

“We strive to establish and maintain long term relationships with all our clients and treat every property as if it were one of ours.”