Au Bon arrives

The Mount Carmel Dining Hall freshened up with a new cafe bakery, Au Bon Pain, on Tuesday morning.

[media-credit id=1481 align=”alignright” width=”300″][/media-credit]
Freshman Anna Rovins reviews Au Bon Pain's menu.

Students lined up as soon as they saw the bakery’s gates open at 8 a.m. Au Bon Pain offers sandwiches, wraps, soups, specialty salads and a fresh bakery with croissants, muffins, cakes and more sweet desserts.

The new bakery is going through a trial run this week, Director of Chartwells Dining Services Joseph Tobin said. The Chartwells staff is training with Au Bon Pain workers all week; together, they brightened up the cafe with their fast service.

“It’s really exciting, I’ve never tried [Au Bon Pain] before,” freshman Anna Rovins said. “I wanted to try something new; I’m glad they’re switching it up.”

The waiting area had students anxious to pick up their order, ready to eat. Senior Malina Andre was waiting for a wrap as her first taste of Quinnipiac’s Au Bon Pain. Holding an Au Bon Pain iced coffee, Andre expressed her uncertainty of its location.

“I don’t really think it’s in a good area because it’s a really trafficked spot; there’s a lot of commotion,” Andre said. “They’re definitely getting a lot of attention.”

The bakery is part of student meal plans and will run on the same hours as the station usually does, Tobin said. The bakery’s schedule is Mondays through Thursdays from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., and from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Fridays, according to Associate Director of Dining Services Leean Spalding.