Washington program offers internships

Every semester Quinnipiac offers a Washington Semester Program for students. Through this program it is possible for Quinnipiac students to study in Washington D.C. for one semester while still earning QU credits. The program also gives opportunity for an internship.
    While in Washington, students live on the American University Tenley campus together with other students from all over the world.
    The program is sponsored by the American University, and students can take one course, while also enjoying lectures, speakers and field trips to D.C. landmarks. The regular week is usually split up between three days of classes or lectures and two days of the internship.
    “I highly recommend the Washington Semester program,” said Jackie Alosso, who spent the Spring 2002 semester in Washington D.C. “I am studying international business and economics and gained so much from being in our nation’s capital.”
    Alosso interned at a trade association and lobbied senate for Trade Promotion Authority, which was signed by President George Bush a few weeks ago.
    “This experience opened up a world of opportunities available to me that I might otherwise not have known or discovered that I was interested in,” she said. “If anyone is interested in studying in a diverse city, with many internship opportunities, I would recommend they look into the Washington Semester Program.”
    For students interested in this program, an information session is being held in Alumni Hall on Sept. 26. Students are welcome do drop in any time between 4:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. to see an overview of the application process and eligibility as well as ask questions about the program. Students of all majors are welcome into the Washington Semester Program.

For more information, contact Alan Bruce at x8458 or [email protected]