AITP Competition

Computer Information Systems (CIS) Club delegates, seniors Stephanie Randall and Will Wall, received honorable mention in the Business Analytics competition at the Association of Information Technology (AITP) National Collegiate Conference in San Antonio on Saturday, March 31. “It is our goal, our purpose to provide a community network for the IT business professionals to reach their true potential by providing education programs for advancing technology and business skills, leadership development opportunities, networking, peer mentoring and knowledge sharing, and online resources,” according to the AITP site. Throughout the four day conference there are several competitions. “Will and I chose the Business Analytics contest since we both have jobs for after graduation in that area of work,” said competitor Stephanie Randall, “The contest included querying a database in access, and then exporting it to Excel to make graphs. We then had to analyze the information we had gathered, and describe how it would be useful to a company.” Although faculty advisor, Wendy Ceccucci, goes every year with a group of students, no Quinnipiac student has ever placed in any of the NCC contests before. The two were taken by surprise when they were placed in the top 6 teams. Randall concluded that, “It was definitely a valuable experience, and I would recommend that anyone interested in a job in Information Systems/Technology get involved with the CIS club so that they could have the opportunity to be exposed to the AITP NCC as well.”