Match made for Clark and Liu

Before being promoted this year to Assistant Director of Residential Life, Jeanne Clark, the 26-year-old native of Howell, N.J., had been a Residence Hall Director in the Ledges and the Suites.
    Clark said she never thought she would find romance at Quinnipiac until she met Todd Liu, a 26-year-old Resident Hall Director from Wallingford, Conn.
    Liu proposed to Clark on Aug. 18, underneath the globe outside the School of Business.
    Just before he proposed, Liu gave Clark a homemade album containing pictures and sayings from the past two years they were together.
    After Clark looked through the album, Liu stood up on the bench and proposed to Clark. Before Liu could finish, Clark said yes.
    Liu said he chose the specific spot and day in which he proposed because it gave special meaning to him. It marked the day and place where they first started dating one another.
    Carol Boucher, director of Residential Life, introduced the couple. She knew Liu since he was eleven years old.
    When Clark met Liu, she was attracted to his overall character and good looks.
    “He made me laugh, and our values and morals were the same,” said Clark. “Todd is caring, patient, hardworking and a jokester. I feel fortunate that I found someone in the workplace, that I found my Toddy.”
    Liu tells a different story.
    “She couldn’t resist my charm, good looks and biceps,” he said, smiling.
    Clark calls Liu a romantic. She reminisced about the time when Liu had sung “Red Haired Girl” in replace of the song “Brown Eyed Girl.”
    She also commented that on the time Liu picked her up at the airport he was holding a welcome sign. The sign had a cut-out of a male model and he placed a picture of himself on top of the model.
    Many students are very fond of both Clark and Liu.
    “It’s so great for them and I am very, very excited and wish them the best of luck,” said senior Jon Kroll, a political science major. “It’s a match made at Quinnipiac!”
    Liu said the future is bright.
    “We are both adventurous and we will go where things take us,” he said. “I wasn’t looking for it, but the best things in life happen when you least expect it.”
    Clark is a graduate of Fairfield University and received her Master’s from Canisius University.
    Liu is a graduate of Wake Forest University and is currently enrolled in the Quinnipiac University Law School.
    The wedding date is set for Oct. 3, 2003.