Tuition will increase again for fall semester

Quinnipiac’s tuition will increase 5.5 percent, from $18,840 to $19,890, beginning in the fall semester, the Board of Trustees has announced.
    The Board of Trustees also decided to increase the cost to live in the residence halls. Students living in the suites will have to pay $9,120, up from the $8,630 that students paid last year.
    Students living in the Village will have to pay $9,960 instead of $9,490. The cost to live in the Commons, Ledges, Irma and Dana will also increase from $8,530 to $8,980.
    University prices are going up due to a nationwide increase in tuition at other institutions.
    In other news, the new Residence Hall, whose name has yet to be determined, will be ready for Aug. 2002.
    The additions to the Recreation Center are projected to be ready for Sept. 2002 and the Rocky Top parking lot is predicted to be ready for Aug. 2003.
    Dana will be a sophomore residence hall, if there is an overflow of freshmen. Some freshmen may find themselves placed in that building.
    Laptop computers will be mandatory for all students as of the 2003-2004 academic year.
    So far, $627.00 has been raised through Penny Wars for the Steve Pawlowski and Jessica Gambon funds.
    All students are welcomed to come and sit or voice their opinions at the SGA meetings.
    The next SGA meeting will be held on Mar. 20, 2002 at 4:15 p.m. in SC 207.