QU student finds success at Fox

contributed

A former editor-in-chief of The Chronicle was hired as a news editor for FoxNews.com last month.

Jamie DeLoma, a Quinnipiac ’06 graduate and Bridgeport native, was the founder and first president of the Society of Professional Journalists chapter on campus. DeLoma later became a board member of SPJ’s Connecticut chapter and is presently the treasurer. He is also a member of the Deadline Club, the New York City chapter of SPJ.

At Quinnipiac, he majored in print journalism and had a minor in political science.

“This combination enabled me to study what interests me the most – the world around me,” DeLoma said.

DeLoma became editor-in-chief of the Chronicle at the end of his sophomore year, and held that position until he graduated. In addition, he was a staff writer, photographer, and copy editor for the university yearbook, The Summit. He also interned at WCBS 880 AM Radio in New York the summer after his sophomore year, enabling him to have a sense of how the real world of journalism works.

DeLoma’s plans have taken a different turn from what he originally expected, but he has since adapted to the changes and is enjoying the online field.

“When I graduated Quinnipiac, I was confident I would work in print journalism my entire career.