Casting Couch

Mickey Rourke (The Wrestler), Sam Rockwell (Choke) and Emily Blunt (The Devil Wears Prada) are attached to play the new villains in the sequel to last summer’s Iron Man. (Variety)

Philip Seymour Hoffman (Doubt) will make his directorial debut and star in the romantic comedy, Jack Goes Boating. Boating is an adaptation of Bob Glaudini’s Off-Broadway play. Amy Ryan (Gone Baby Gone) will star opposite Hoffman as his love interest. (Variety)

Kristin Scott-Thomas (I’ve Loved You So Long) is attached to the John Lennon biopic, Nowhere Boy. Scott-Thomas will portray Lennon’s Aunt Mimi, who played a significant role in raising the future pop icon. (Hollywood Reporter)

Idris Elba (The Wire) is joining the cast of NBC’s The Office for six episodes. Elba’s character will take over the job at corporate previously held by Jan (Melora Hardin) and Ryan (B.J. Novak). Amy Ryan (Holly Flax) is also expected to make another appearance by the end of the season. (Entertainment Weekly)

Scott Bakula (Enterprise) will guest on NBC’s Chuck as Chuck (Zachary Levi) and Ellie’s (Sarah Lancaster) estranged father. Chevy Chase is also expected to stop by the action-comedy later this spring. (Entertainment Weekly)

Laura Prepon (That 70’s Show) will guest on the CBS laugher, How I Met Your Mother as Ted’s (Josh Radnor) girlfriend for five episodes.