Hamden teen charged with assault, attempted murder

HAMDEN–On Oct. 11, 19-year-old Hamden resident Jordan Linblad was arrested for a series of shootings around the town. It appears that during three separate incidents that night, Linblad fired at others with his .22-caliber pistol.

According to reports from the New Haven Register, the first shooting occurred at 5:15 p.m. where First Street meets Warren. No one was injured during this incident. Linblad, a night student at Hamden High School, and Michael Carbonell, a 17-year-old West Haven resident, are being charged in connection with this incident. It appears that this shooting was in retaliation for a screwdriver attack on Linblad last month.

The second shooting happened at roughly 6:40 p.m. Hamden police received a call that someone was injured with a gunshot wound to the head. The victim was a Kyshawun Kendall, a 19-year-old male. A police official said that Kendall was in critical condition. Darrell Gilmore, a 17-year-old Hamden High School student, was also shot in the arm.
    It appears that just prior to the second shooting, several people, including the gunshot victims, approached Linblad’s house on Dixwell Ave.

As police responded to the second shooting, they were alerted to another incident–this one on Dix Street.

Linblad has been charged with two counts of criminal attempt to commit murder, two counts of first-degree assault, unlawful discharge of a firearm, first-degree reckless endangerment, and carrying a pistol without a permit. His bail was set at $1 million.

Carbonell was charged with carrying a pistol without a permit, conspiracy to commit first-degree reckless endangerment and unlawful discharge of a firearm, weapons in a motor vehicle, and possession of drug paraphernalia. His bail was set at $200,000.