Chelsea Handler: Television’s New Favorite Female

Late-night television viewers are falling in love with the hysterical, uninhibited woman we have come to know and admire: Chelsea Handler. With a successful career in comedy already under her belt, and two books (one set out to be published this year) “My Horizontal Life: A Collection of One-Night Stands” and “Are You There, Vodka? It’s Me, Chelsea,” she has certainly given late-night television kings Conan O’Brien and Stephen Colbert a run for their money. As the only female in late night television with her successful show “Chelsea Lately” on E!, Chelsea Handler is more than making a name for herself.

Handler was born the youngest of six children, in Livingston, New Jersey to a Jewish father and Mormon mother. It’s perhaps her chaotic childhood that has had an astounding effect on her brutal honesty, free spirit and unique ability to make fun of herself and others. Nonetheless, Handler is guaranteed to generate laughs.

If Handler wasn’t such a free-spirit, she wouldn’t be able to say things like: “I went out with a guy who once told me I didn’t need to drink to make myself more fun to be around.