Cross country competes in N.Y.

Both the men and women’s cross country teams competed at the Fordham Fiasco on Saturday. The women’s team finished sixth out of 17 teams, scoring 173 points. Princeton finished at the top of the pack with 34 points, followed by Yale and Pennsylvania University.

Sophomore Brianna Faust was the first to finish for Quinnipiac, taking 20th place overall with a time of 18:55. Following short with a time of 19:09.77, senior Morgan Roche finished in 27th place overall. Sophomore Amanda Faust finished third for the Bobcats and 32nd overall, completing the course in 19:19.95. Yale’s Millie Chapman was the competition’s top finisher, crossing the line at 18:03.63.

The men’s team finished 10th overall out of 16 teams with 286 points. Princeton also finished first with 26 points with Navy and Yale taking second and third respectively.

The top three runners for the men’s team all finished within a minute of each other. Freshman Spencer Mannion came out in first for the Bobcats and 50th overall at 27:05.32. Senior John Beckshaw came through second at 27:51.63, followed by sophomore Richard Stoliker who took 83rd overall at 27:57.52. Princeton’s Donn Cabral finished in first with a time of 25:30.37, paving the way for his team’s eventual victory.

Both teams will compete again next Saturday at the Monmouth Invitational at Holmdel Park in Holmdel, N.J.