‘What will you remember?’

As a senior, I can say wholeheartedly that my three years at Quinnipiac have been the best three years of my life. I don’t know if I would be able to say that if I hadn’t joined the newspaper in my first week of school.

My message to all freshmen: get involved. And for everyone else: I hope you are doing something with your free time. Something that you can look back on 30 years down the line and say, “I can’t believe I did that.”

Get rung up by Java John in Café Q. If you haven’t met him yet, trust me, you will.

Climb the Sleeping Giant. Not only is it gorgeous and adds to the beauty of our campus, but it also makes for a nice Saturday hike. The view from the top is breathtaking.

Go to TD Bank Sports Center in the winter. It’s one of the top collegiate athletic facilities in the Northeast, and it comes to life when a sea of yellow shirts fill the student section.

Even if you aren’t a clubber, go to Toad’s Place in New Haven. It’s an interesting experience, to say the least. Just be safe.

Pick a major with classes you can enjoy, but don’t rush your decision. You won’t learn as easily unless you are genuinely interested in the material your professors are teaching.

Speaking of professors, they could be vital to you finding a job once you graduate. Visit them in their office hours, stay in touch, and be friendly.

My favorite thing of all: soak in the sun on the Quad. You won’t regret it.

You can do a ton more at Quinnipiac, but keep in mind New York and Boston are only train rides away from New Haven. Either city has plenty to offer. Trust me, I spent my last two summers in New York and Boston.

Whether you are reading this in print or online, I hope you find the stories, photos and videos to your liking, and feel important issues on the campus are being covered. If not, tell me. I’m not afraid of criticism; in fact, I love it. Or even better: join us. Help us cover this campus. I am honored to say I am the editor of this newspaper, and I know that it will be the thing I will always remember about college. What will you remember?