White paces women’s track in 3K and 1,500m, Roche returns

The Quinnipiac women’s outdoor track team opened its season at the Fred Hardy Invite in Richmond, Va., on Friday and Saturday.

Sophomore Becca White led the Bobcats in the 3,000-meter race, finishing in seventh place with a time of 10:06.88 while junior Martha Santandreu ran a personal-best of 10:43.19.

White was also Quinnipiac’s top runner in the 1,500-meter race, finishing in fifth place at 4:43.38.

Junior Morgan Roche ran her first track race since coming back from an injury, placing third in the 5,000-meter race with a time of 17:47.54. Senior Kristen Stevens finished behind Roche in fourth place in 17:49.38 while sophomore Paige Pallotto finished sixth overall with a personal-best time of 18:19.86.

Junior Julie Lanning and freshman Kelly Malloy finished in seventh and 10th, respectively, putting five Bobcat runners in the top 10 for the 5K.

Faust sisters Amanda and Christina placed 16th and 22nd, respectively, in the 1,500-meter race. Amanda ran 4:56.57 while Christina ran 5:02.13.

“Overall, the ladies left Richmond with a very positive outlook for the season,” Quinnipiac head coach Carolyn Martin said. “Several Bobcats ran great times, especially coming back from injuries or sickness from the indoor season, so it was great to have the entire team running well together again.”

The Bobcats continue their season next week when they run at the Bryant University Invitational on April 2 in Smithfield, R.I.