Bored for break? Check out ‘Red Riding Hood,’ ‘Rango,’ and more [Video]

Rango: March 4

Director: Gore Verbinski

Stars: Johnny Depp, Isla Fisher, Timothy Olyphant

The Plot: Rango (Depp) is a chameleon who stumbles upon the town of Dirt, a lawless outpost in the animated Wild West, in desperate need of a new sheriff.

Preview: From the director of the “Pirates of the Caribbean” films, Depp’s motion-capture debut looks like a surefire win. A movie that gained a lot of hype in the past month seems like it should live up to its expectations. With its PG rating, this film is sure to attract young audiences around the nation. Our generation seems to be growing on the occasional animated feature too.

Red Riding Hood: March 11

Director: Catherine Hardwicke

Stars: Amanda Seyfried, Lukas Haas, Gary Oldman

The Plot: Set in a medieval village that is haunted by a werewolf, a young girl falls for an orphaned woodcutter, much to her family’s displeasure.

Preview: Ok, so your favorite childhood story is turned into a… thriller? Don’t know what to expect from this large fabled twist. The medieval and gothic features seem to be an instant turnoff, unless you would like to see a classic childhood story remade as a horror flick. Be wise and take this film at your own risk.

The Lincoln Lawyer: March 18

Director: Brad Furman

Stars: Matthew McConaughey, Marisa Tomei, Ryan Phillippe

The Plot: A lawyer conducts business from the back of his Lincoln town car while representing a high-profile Beverly Hills client.

Preview: This movie marks McConaughey’s first courtroom thriller since his 1996 flick “A Time To Kill.” Say what you want about McConaughey and romantic comedies, but this guy knows how to pull off the lawyer role. “The Lincoln Lawyer” is a movie that looks like it can hold its ground and has great potential.

Paul: March 18

Director: Greg Mottola

Stars: Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Seth Rogen

The Plot: Two British comic-book geeks traveling across the U.S. encounter an alien outside Area 51.

Preview: Another comedy from the genius duo of Simon Pegg and Nick Frost with a dash of Seth Rogen. “Paul” seems to be a movie for most anyone looking to get a laugh, and may easily be one of the best comedies of the year. If you get the chance, check out this film when you can after its March 18 release.

Limitless: March 18

Director: Neil Burger

Stars: Bradley Cooper, Robert De Niro, Abbie Cornish

The Plot: A man comes across a top-secret drug which bestows him with super human abilities.

Preview: Another thriller, but this is a modern film that feels right. Cooper stars in this interesting film that may reach its limits in originality. Overall, “Limitless” looks like a great flick to kick back and relax with during the end of spring break.

Video credit: youtube