Women’s indoor track progresses at BU Terrier Cup

The Quinnipiac women’s indoor track team ran at the BU Terrier Cup on Friday, Jan. 28 in Boston, Mass.

Quinnipiac had key performances in the 1,000-meter run, 5,000-meter run, 3,000-meter run, and the 800-meter run.  Julie Lanning highlighted the day finishing in 18th place in the 1,000-meter run with a time of 3:09.04. Lanning later ran the mile, placing 33rd overall in 5 minutes and 13 seconds.

Junior Hannah Donadio and sophomore Alex Seitz led the Bobcats in the 800-meter run. Donadio finished in 24th place with a time of 2:21.22, while Seitz crossed the finish line in 2:26.85.

NEC cross-country women’s athlete of the year, Becca White, was the first Bobcat to finish in the 5,000-meter race in 25th place with a time of 17 minutes and 45 seconds. The NEC cross-country Rookie of the Year, Amanda Faust, finished behind White in 38th place with a time of 18 minutes and 27 seconds.

Amanda’s sister, Brianna, highlighted the 3,000-meter race for the Bobcats finishing in 31st place with a time of 10 minutes and 28 seconds.

“Overall, I thought the girls ran really well today,” Quinnipiac head coach Carolyn Martin said. “We’re starting to post some really nice times. We should be recording faster times in the next couple of weeks and be ready for the Northeast Conference Championships.”

Quinnipiac will next compete at Dartmouth College in Hanover, N.H. on Saturday, February 5th.