Letter to the Editor: SGA Update

Hey Bobcats!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving break full of friends, family, football and homemade food! As a senior, it was nice being home for my last turkey break. Like many of you, I had the opportunity to see a bunch of friends from high school and old friends from around town. It was a much needed break but I am certainly happy to be back at the Q.

I, for one, am thankful of being a part of our community and I want you to know that your Student Government Association is committed to making the community a better place for all of us.

In an effort to provide leadership opportunities for the growing number of students on campus, your Student Government Association has created a new campaign titled “How Can You Change QU?” This grant giving campaign provides students the opportunity to add or change something to the Quinnipiac community that will enhance the quality of student life in some way, shape or form. In order to participate in this campaign, you are required to fill out an application that will be reviewed by the SGA class presidents and vice presidents.

The easy to fill out, three question application, can be electronically accessed on the homepage of the SGA MyQ site. You can also pick up a hard copy in the SGA Suite located on the second floor of the Mt. Carmel Student Center. Please note that applications for the HCYCQU campaign are due to sophomore class president, Benjamin Cloutier, by 5 p.m. on December 6. You will be notified within a week if your application has been selected for a grant. Feel free to email Ben if you have any questions.

We are very excited to provide this new and innovative program to the Quinnipiac student body. We are confident that this program will yield results that will continue to promote the quality of student life here at QU.

Stay well and remember to take care of yourself and to take care of each other. I am so proud and thankful to be representing such a dynamic community. I hope you are proud to be a part of it.

Our offices are always open to any student – feel free to swing by if you have any questions or comments about making QU a better place.

Live the Legend,
Lou Venturelli