Fitness Center offers old favorites for newcomers

As we open the doors to the new and improved Quinnipiac University Fitness Center, freshmen won’t be the only ones who don’t know their way around. The summer staff worked hard to re-arrange and update the fitness center for the fall semester.
    Everything has been covered with a fresh coat of paint, including much of the equipment, and the staff is still working hard to provide new pictures for the walls. Among the new equipment that has been added are double-tiered dumbbell racks and two Concept II rowing machines, not to mention a brand new front desk. Everything has been rearranged to provide optimum space for those hectic workout days. So come on in, and enjoy everything the new fitness center has to offer! Remember to bring your Q-card!
    Although the fitness center itself may have been closed this first week, orientations were in full swing. The gym was packed at each orientation offered, everyone hoping to be geared up as the doors open on Thursday. Orientation includes filling out the information card, signing the waiver and consent form, along with viewing a short, instructional film about the fitness center policies and a general demonstration about equipment use. If you happen to have missed orientation, the schedule is as follows:
    Monday through Thursdays, 10 to10:30 a.m., 10:30 to11:00 a.m., 3 to 3:30 p.m., amd 7 to 7:30 p.m.
    The sessions are held on the second floor of the Athletic Complex, across from Studio A. Remember, you must have completed the orientation in order to have access to the Fitness Center.
    The Fitness Center opened with a bang on Thursday morning, with over 400 anxious people checking in to work out the first day alone! All those that hoped to avoid the masses by skipping Thursday found Friday to be even more hectic, the official count coming in at 778!
    Fitness
    Center hours are Mondays through Thursdays 8 a.m. to 11 p.m., Fridays, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and weekends and holidays, noon to 6 p.m.