Inside the SGA

The Student Government Association (SGA) has been busy this month dealing with campus issues and also taking care of issues such as the Constitution, by-laws, and financial policies. These are the things that need to be done in order to have a clear and effective SGA.
    The Student Awareness Committee (SAC) has been working on making changes to the Constitution, election policy, and SPB by-laws. The proposals went to SAC and were discussed, then brought to all of SGA.
    All changes were adopted by SGA, with the exception of the changes to the election policy, which are still being discussed.
    The Public Relations Committee of SGA has been working hard on the May Weekend semi-formal dance, and making sure everything is still a go with the DJ, meals, buses, favors, and centerpieces.
    The Finance Committee has been working on the Finance Policy for all the organizations funded by SGA. They are also looking at the budget proposals as they have to give the SGA general board their recommendations of budgets for the organizations for the upcoming school year.
    The Social Programming Board (SPB) has been working hard on finalizing the details for May Weekend 2001. “Wayne Brady and Friends” will be performing Friday April 27 in the gym. On Saturday night, Angry Salad will be back as they are opening for Uncle Kracker, followed by Andy Dick.
    On Thursday, May 4, Howie Day will be in the Complex courtyard. There will also be the fireworks sponsored by the Junior Class, along with free ice cream sponsored by the Sophomore Class.
    Additionally, the new executive board for ’01-’02 has been meeting and discussing a theme, logo, and planning the summer retreats. They are also discussing ideas and goals that they have in their respective positions, as an executive board, and as a whole Student Government.
    Next year looks to be a very promising year in SGA. As new issues arise and old ones reappear, SGA will be ready to handle them all and do what they can make a difference for everyone at Quinnipiac.
    Read The Chronicle every week for weekly reports of “Inside the SGA.”