RAVE and WRECK of the week: Nov. 3, 2010

RAVE of the week: Denny Darko’s Bobcat remix

If you like music mixed with Quinnipiac school spirit, then you should get to know Denis Mitchell. Mitchell, aka Denny Darko, recently created a song for the basketball team titled “Blue and Yellow.” The track played at Midnight Madness to introduce the basketball team, and Mitchell hopes it will be a staple song at all home games. The song features Quinnipiac seniors Brittany Howse and Nick Cafiero. It was posted to YouTube last week and already has more than 700 views.

Last year Mitchell created a remix of Asher Roth’s college anthem, titled “I Love College QU Mix.” The track was posted on YouTube and now boasts more than 13,000 views.

“When we made it, it was really just for us and our friends to listen to when we were pregaming, or just when we were hanging out…I never imagined it to be this well-known,” Mitchell said.

Mitchell, who’s recorded music since high school, mixed the tracks at home in an improvised studio in his bedroom. He is currently working with other Quinnipiac artists such as 24Kt KidLivin, Chefboy RD, and Ryan Dzierzek.

If you like Mitchell’s tracks you can look forward to a mix-tape release in late December.

WRECK of the week: ‘Bridalplasty’: A new TV low

Superficial America is at its finest on E!’s new reality show, “Bridalplasty.” Brides don’t say “Yes to the Dress,” but they do say yes to liposuction, nose jobs and implants.

“Bridalplasty” features brides who compete in wedding-themed challenges in hopes of winning plastic surgery. Each bride has a “surgery wish list,” a record of all the plastic surgery she wants to have done before their wedding in order to be the “perfect bride.” The brides waste no time, as they have surgery after each episode so viewers can see results each week. The challenges range from planning a honeymoon to writing vows, and every week one bride is voted off. The last bride standing also wins her dream wedding, where she can show off her new appearance to family and friends.

“Bridalplasty” is hosted by former beauty queen and spotlight seeker Shanna Moakler, and executive produced by Giuliana Rancic, Mark Cronin, and Cris Abergo.

Though all the women have fiancées who love them just the way they are, they believe they need plastic surgery in order to be the “perfect bride.” America needs a huge reality check as these women go under the knife for some superficial nips and tucks. Check out the series premiere of “Bridalplasty” on Nov. 28 at 9 p.m. on E!

Media credit: youtube.com