7 ways to reduce stress

College students experience great amounts of stress on a daily basis. Whether it’s midterms on the horizon, an overloaded schedule, working a job or just figuring out what to wear to Toad’s Place on a Saturday night, stress is a part of our everyday lives. Here are seven ways to reduce stress daily right at QU. Take a deep breath and enjoy.

1. Go for a walk or hike Sleeping Giant: Fall has arrived and the weather is getting cooler. Sleeping Giant is beginning to show its gorgeous foliage, and exploring it is an excellent way to clear your head from your daily stresses.

2. Hit the gym: Exercising releases endorphins in the brain, which give you energy. Who doesn’t like to feel good about themselves and take their mind off of school work?

3. Find a hobby: You might not know what leisure activities you enjoy until you try them. Scrapbooking is a great way to relieve your stress. So print some of those Facebook pictures and get creative.

4. Laugh: Watch a good comedy flick. Laughter has been proven to reduce stress and assist in curing serious illnesses.

5. Have a game night with your friends: Play cards or get a bunch of board games and order a couple of pizzas. College students are always on a budget. This is a great way to meet up with friends you haven’t seen in a few days, save money and forget about all the worries college life brings.

6. Read a book for fun: I know that we don’t have that much time on our hands. However, diving into a good book allows you to get lost in something other than schoolwork and use your imagination.

7.Treat yourself: Do something that you love to do, even if that means spending a little money. If you just got paid, don’t beat yourself up for treating yourself just a little bit. We all need to indulge every once in a while.